Buildings, Grounds, and Transportation Committee
1. Oversee all aspects of the physical structures utilized by the Indiana Area School District, including but not limited t repairs, renovations, reconstruction, new construction design, use, aesthetics, internal environment, safety, cleanliness, and student/employee psychological, physical well-being within the physical structure’s environment, sale and purchase of physical structure(s), and all contracts pertaining to district physical structures.
2. Oversee all aspects of the grounds utilized by the Indiana Area School District, including but not limited t use, appearance, aesthetics, safety, design, maintenance, configuration, apparatus, sale and purchase of grounds, and all contracts pertaining to district grounds.
3. Oversee all aspects of the transportation needs of the Indiana Area School District, including but not limited t student transportation to and from school, athletic events, field trips, and all other sanctioned purposes and events; transportation of employees of the school district while undertaking the business of the school district; transportation of School Board members while undertaking the business of the school district; lease, purchase, and repair of vehicles used in district transportation, and contracts pertaining todistrict transportation.
Audit and Finance Committee
1. Oversee all financial issues pertaining to the Indiana Area School District, including but not limited t the conduct of audits; preparation of the preliminary and final annual budget of the school district; have members on all negotiations teams and meet and discuss teams with district administrative/confidential secretaries, district administrators, teachers, staff, Superintendent, Business Manager, Board officers and appointees, contracts pertaining to district employees, contracts with district vendors and other service providers and appointees, contracts with district consultants; make decisions pertaining to district financing and refinancing, and indebtedness.
Academic/Extracurricular Activities Committee
1. Oversee all academic issues pertaining to the Indiana Area School District, including but not limited t graduation requirements, teaching, curriculum, textbooks, all methods of instruction delivery, evaluation of teachers, teacher enhancement, student guidance, scheduling, grading, examinations, student discipline, evaluation of principals/assistant principals; attendance of all employees and students at conferences, tenure of teachers, academic use of technology, student and employee dress codes, limitations on student/teacher speech and expression, bullying, emergency procedures, criminal activity and police procedures, constitutional and civil rights of school constituents.
2. Oversee all extracurricular activities pertaining to the Indiana Area School District, including but not limited t field trips, theatrical production, athletics, clubs and associations, band, student government, special programs and assemblies, visiting speakers and performers.
1. Oversee all issues pertaining to the relationship between the school district and all relevant constituencies, including but not limited t district parents/guardians, students, residents, teachers, principals, staff, administrators, borough and township councils, county commissioners, state representatives, local and state police, relevant media, ICTC, parks and recreation committee, ARIN, and PTA through meetings, workshops, newsletters, media articles, polls, research projects, surveys, and other effective venues - to develop information, ideas, concerns, advice, and proposals - for the purpose of involving the constituencies in a collaborative effort to work with the Board and district on finding the best ways to educate the children of the district in a safe environment and in a prudent, economical manner, to engage in marketing, promotion, and fundraising for IASD.
Policy and Personnel Committee
1. Conduct an ongoing review of the policies and procedures of the IASD School Board; to propose changes to said policies and procedures when the committee deems it necessary to improve the operations and functions of the Board or the district.
2. Conduct an ongoing review of the administrative regulations of the IASD to support compliance with the policies and procedures of the IASD School Board and to direct the Superintendent to make changes when necessary.
3. Oversee personnel issues, which may include matters regarding hiring, transfer, discipline, suspension, and termination of district employees, appointees, and consultants.
4. Oversee negotiation of collective bargaining agreements, including contracts and/or agreements with Act 93 personnel and confidential employees, and other personnel contracts binding upon the district.
5. Perform a discovery and advisory role in grievance matters or formal complaints filed against the district by school district employees. Complaints or concerns regarding district employees are directed to the administration for action or referral to the full Board.